How to Apply for TAN?
An application for TAN could be made by submitting form 49B at TIN* facilitation centers. Find your nearest TIN facilitation centre with biometric-based facility.
TAN is allotted to applicants by income tax department. TAN could be applied by making an online application or in person by visiting the income tax department.
Application for TAN can be made using form 49B.In case of in-person applications, there’s no need of furnishing any supporting documents to the Department. However, in case of an online application, an acknowledgement which is received after the application has been submitted in form 49B needs to be furnished to the department as a proof.
*TIN – Tax Information Network
Application Procedure (Online)
- An applicant for TAN needs to be filled in Form 49B online.
- In case there’s an error, it needs to be rectified and the form needs to be re-submitted.
- A confirmation screen with data filled which is provided by the applicant would be displayed.
- The applicant can edit or confirm the same.
1. Once the confirmation is provided by the applicant, an acknowledgement screen would be displayed.
This acknowledgement would consist of:
a. A unique acknowledgement number of 14-digits
b. Name and contact details of the applicant
c. Status of applicant
d. Details with respect to payment
f. Space for signature
2. Applicants should save and print this acknowledgement.
3. The applicant must sign in the space so provided
The signed acknowledgement along with DD (if any), shall be sent to NSDL (National Securities Depository Limited) at
NSDL – e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Model colony, Near Deep Bungalow chowk,
Pune – 411016.
Starting From ₹ 99 /-